2008 Superbowl Champions
2009 Division Champions

Thursday, September 3, 2009

Words from Coach Mike

Welcome to the 2009 11-12 year old Joelton Vikings. We, as the coaching staff, look forward to working with all of our players. We understand that to all of the parents, the most important child on the field is their own. And believe me when I say to this coaching staff, all our players are equally important and will be treated fairly.

We want to have fun this year. We hope all that made our swim party had a great time. We also want to teach the kids more about football teamwork and sportsmanship. Being an 11 or 12 year old boy is not an easy job. We want to and will win football games. We will try to do the best we can with the playing time the boys receive. There will be some games where their time will be divided out more than others, but at the end of the day, I promise you, I will go out of my way to get every player as much playing time as possible. This team is not about us coaches or about the parents, it is about those kids, and that is what they are, still kids. And, our main goal should be that they have fun. I think we have proven in the past they can have fun and still win games.

I want to thank all the parents for giving me the chance to work with your boys. And my five coaches are the best I have worked with in 20 years of doing this. I want to thank our great team mom, Carla and our sponsors for their support.

Feel free to talk to me about any concerns, but just not in the middle of the game, please. I look forward to another great year.

Thanks,
Coach Mike

PS -- Don't forget the camp-out on October 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment