2008 Superbowl Champions
2009 Division Champions

Sunday, November 1, 2009

To All the 11-12 Vikings - from Coach Mike

11-12 year old Vikings:

Well, our journey is over and although we fell a little short of the big goal, the year was filled with great memories.

Boys, we as a coaching staff apologize for not helping you win the big one, but now we must look ahead. There are so many people to thank for this great year.
  • My wonderful coaching staff, who are not only great coaches, but great friends and will be forever.
  • The best darn team mom in history, Carla Collier.
  • Our award winning photo journalists Kevin and Maria Latham, and Mr. Beck who also had some great pictures.
  • Steve and Cheri Ray, thanks for keeping our stats. I know everyone enjoyed looking at them.
  • It has been a real pleasure to work with Jolie Wood, who has served as our commissioner. Having served as President of a football program for 15 years, I know how tough of a job this can be. I fell Jolie has handled it with compassion, and integrity. She is a class act.
  • To our parents thanks for sharing your most prized posses ion worth us. You were always supportive, and understanding. This is the only team , in 20 years of coaching That I did not have any parent problems. That is remarkable.

Now most of all To My Boys, I love each and everyone of you. You gave us all you had to give, and you progressed so much this year. I hope you enjoyed the fun things we were able to do, swim party, haunted houses, camp out, etc. And who could forget the famous Snipe hunt. Along the way we also won quite a few football games. It was a blast. I will miss this team so much--so much talent, so much leadership by our 12 year olds. We could not ask for more. For you 12 year olds: I wish you well in school ball if that is what you do. I currently have at least 6 kids that I used to coach who are playing college football. I am sure some of you will add to that number. To the 11 year olds, I know some of you are considering school ball next year, and I encourage you to do whatever you desire. Talk to your parents and make your decision when you are ready. But, if the Good Lord is willing, I will be back as coach of the 11-12 year old Joelton Vikings next year. I would love to have you back. We need you. Let's take one more run toward that championship. Tell your friends; find us some more players to replace these great 12 year olds we are losing, and let's do it again.

Thanks to my dear wife Maggie for her support and understanding. We wish all of you the very best.

Coach Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment